The Five Yamas
1. Ahimsa (Non-Violence): Recognizing that I am not separate from all living beings. This is the precept of non-harm.
2. Satya (Honesty): Speaking the truth as I perceive it and not deceiving anyone. This is the precept of honesty.
3. Asteya (Not Stealing): Being satisfied with what I have. This is the precept of not taking what is not given freely.
4. Brahmacharya (Wise use of Energy): Encountering all with respect and dignity. This is the precept of chaste conduct.
5. Aparigraha (Non-greed): Using all the ingredients of my life. This is the precept of generosity.